April 6, 2015

Aquarelles

I have worked quite a lot in watercolor during the last months since our return from India.
I was specially happy to have taken the courage to paint Amma. I started in Amritapuri on the beach during satsang, making some small and "primitive" sketches. But it took the shy away and so now here is the result:







































Then I took more courage and did a second one, more a portrait from an earlier picture.
What i liked was the light in Amma's hair and her big smile. The picture was not very sharp so it was not obvious to get all the details and some errors creeped in. But the main atmosphere is there.






































Now I'm working on a Devi Bhava picture which is really tough to do.
The sketches is ready and the choice of the colors is progressing.
It took me now 3 weeks and will take for shure as much to finish.
Really excited to see what will come out.
I feel like Amma's grace is helping during the painting. Very inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment